Sunday, February 18, 2007

I Have A New Love

I brought a new love into my home today. I worship, I adore it, I want to spend as much time as I can with it.

Yes, I am totally in love with my new recumbent bike.

We first met at physical therapy place. I was skeptical at first, but after the first few minutes in its bucket seat, pedalling away - I was transported. I felt stronger, fitter - more attractive. Well, there was that unsightly belly-fat jiggle, but my new love made me realize that I have the power to change it.

After our first 8-minute encounter, I looked forward to every session of PT, just so I could spend time with my new passion. I sought to increase our time together at every meeting. Feelings of energy, vibrance, and a little heavy breathing marked our times together.

Finally, the PT sessions were coming to an end. I was distraught - I could not live without those wonderful feelings of getting stronger, fitter. I had to have one of my very own.

I searched for one of my very own, but alas, they were quite expensive, as nasty little habits tend to be. I sighed and resigned myself to lonely, non-cardio continuations of my boring, core-strengthening floor exercises learned at PT. But the yearning was still there.

Then - when I opened the Sunday paper this morning - there it was. Gleaming, sturdy and beautiful, just as I remembered from the store. But, lo and behold, there was a President's Day sale going on and my object of desire was an amazing $150 off!!!

Needless to say, I rushed to make it mine. Fortunately, my husband understands and even supports my lust. He even picked it up for me and helped me assemble it.

OK, this line of writing is growing old. But, I hope the message is clear - I love my new bike and I plan to log many many miles on it as I journey to better health!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yay! I'm glad you were able to find one for your home.

KinnicChick said...

how exciting! congratulations!