Thursday, October 04, 2007

Urgent Discussion Question

I need help.

I have a hair appointment tomorrow. I need to make a decision.

I've been letting my hair grow out for a while now. It used to be very short. It is now just past my shoulders, slightly layered.

Do I cut it all off now?

My hair has reached the length where it starts to drive me crazy. The longer it gets, the more the curl comes out. If it would go in nice curls, I wouldn't mind. But it just it straight close to the scalp and frizzy at the ends. If it goes in curls, it sticks out and goes in opposite directions.

Today, I took my time and flat-ironed it before work. It looked nice and smooth when I left the house. By the time I arrived at work, the left side was sticking straight out, parallel to the ground. The right side was tightly curled under. Arrggh!

I found a cute short style when I took my mom to the hairdressers a few weeks ago. I gave the photo to my stylist so she would have a go-by when I decided to chop it off.

Another factor is: I live in the most humid place in the US, with the exception of New Orleans and the surrounding swamps. The second I get near fresh air, boing!! Frizz and curl! But not when my hair is shorter - it stays thick but fairly straight.

So the question is: Do I chop? Or do I perservere?

I love the IDEA of longer hair, but I'm not sure it's realistic for me.

Discuss.

My appointment is at 4:15 tomorrow afternoon.

3 comments:

KinnicChick said...

Hair is such a personal decision. YOU are the one who has to mess with it. But if it is driving you this crazy now and is so difficult to style, is it going to be easier the longer it gets? Or more difficult?

I think you've already made the decision. You found a style you like. A short style. Your hair gets frizzy and curly in the humidity. But not when short.

I say do it. And I said the same thing when I left the chocolate factory tonight. My SIL was asking me the same question. She was looking for permission to do what she REALLY WANTED TO DO anyway. She looked relieved and happy when I said it.

I can't wait to find out what she did.

KinnicChick said...

Obviously, I can't wait to find out what you'll do, either. I hope you tweet from the stylist's chair as the inches are dropping away... ;)

Gonna have your eyebrows waxed while you're there??? *she asks innocently, knowing Jenorama will potentially read this and laugh*

Elizabeth said...

I say go for the short.