Tuesday, February 08, 2005

It's everywhere, it's everywhere!

Isn't it strange how, once you become aware of a thing or a situation, you suddenly are inundated with examples? Like when you see a new kind of car that you think is cool, that you haven't seen before, and then they appear all over the place.

When I had shingles last year, I hadn't heard of anybody having it much. Then, in the same week a local TV station ran a story about how shingles was reaching epidemic proportions due to the high-stress lives we lead! Even the crown princess of Japan was in the news with shingles.

Now, I'm finding fibromyalgia examples in the strangest places. I've never known anyone with FM. Now, almost everyone I talk to knows someone with it. My hairdresser's mother-in-law, the manicurist's cousin. Saturday I discovered that the warm, nurturing massage therapist I've gone to several times is able to go lightly on my FM tender points because she is intimately aware of FM symptoms - her 23 year old daughter has it. What a blessing it is for me to have such a knowledgeable massage therapist - and I went to her first before I knew I had it! There was something about her manner that I liked, so when I decided that I needed monthly massages in December I requested an appointment with Mary Ann. We talked briefly about my FM, but it wasn't until this past session that she told me about her daughter.

On a different subject - I'm going on a business trip to Utah next week. I think I'm going to have to pack every piece of clothing I own - it's going to be ccccccold! I'm going for meetings, but we're also going to see a test firing of a rocket motor, which will be outdoors. I need to find some long underwear that fits - it's been a long time since I've been out in the cold, and I was much smaller then.

4 comments:

Kathy C said...

It's funny how things like that happen in our lives. I always am having coincidences pop up.

Sorry about the Eagles. Sigh. I wanted them to win so badly..

Have fun in Utah!

KinnicChick said...

Might be worth a quick online shopping trip from Lands End, Kath - some lightweight silk long underwear could be just what you need - They are great for layering because they are so thin. They deliver pretty quickly, too. Just a thought.

How was Cirque? :)

KathyK said...

Hey, Keri, that's exactly what I did - ordered silk long johns on-line from Lands End! Cirque was fabulous. This was the second production we've seen, and it was just as amazing and enjoyable as the first one we saw. Mom loved it, too.

KinnicChick said...

Oooh, I love the new commenting blogger has finally implemented... cool. I was just going to say, Great minds think alike!