Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It's official!

I am officially on leave from my job. Right now, it is until the end of September but I'll evaluate where I am at that time and decide if I need more time. When I do return to work, it will be 3 days per week (Wed-Thurs-Fri) for a while. I may decide to make it permanent, or not. We'll see. I'm only making the decisions that have to be made right now, and that makes things less overwhelming for me.

I had my first yoga/rehab class yesterday and I LOVE it. The instructor is an RN and the poses are adaptable for whatever physical limitations you may have. The subject of the meditation yesterday was maintaining balance in your life, and the area of emphasis in the physical part was the back. Since these are both primary issues for me at the moment, I really felt like I was meant to be there. Absolutely wonderful.

When I went in to the office yesterday to formalize my leave arrangements, I was able to visit with a bunch of folks I haven't seen in 3 weeks. Want to hear something really cool? They noticed that I've lost a little weight! It's only 12 pounds so far, but their comments really encouraged me. This loss is from Weight Watchers, not my recent illness. The fact that I didn't gain any weight back by consoling myself with food is a real victory for me.

All in all, I am feeling very blessed and incredibly optimistic. Yay!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Kathy, I'm so glad that you are able to take this time off. Congrats on the weight loss too!

Anonymous said...

Great news Kathy on all the positive changes, everything, the time off work, the weight loss and that you are enjoying Yoga, I think Yoga is the best kept secret.I am so happy to read things are moving in a positive direction for you.