Friday, June 23, 2006

Pedal Digit Pride Movement

Some bloggers get the funniest search strings, and make the most hilarious replies into amusing posts.

Well, I have next to no readership, so I don't have much material to call upon. However, a recent check of my stats makes me want to reach out.

To the person who found my blog via a search on "ashamed of my long toes," I say:

Don't be ashamed - take pride! I, too, used to be self-conscious of my lengthy pedal digits. Friends did indeed refer to me as "Monkey Toes." I shunned sandals for quite a while.

But think of all the advantages of having long toes! You can pick up a penny or a pencil without bending over - just wrap those piggies around the object and lift it up to your hand.

Plus, they give you extra leverage when you've been drinking and are swaying back and forth - they may even keep you upright if you've been strengthening them with your pick-up exercises described above.

When did I make peace with my so-called deformity?

I remember it clearly. My husband and I were at an art museum, admiring some ancient Greek marble statues. These sculptures represented the epitome of beauty, perfection of form -- and toes exactly like mine!! Extra long, except for the little one on the end. And they were beautiful.

Ever since then, I take pride in my feet and proudly bare my naked (and well-pedicured) toesies in lovely sandals.

Those Monkey Toes? They are now Goddess Toes.

Join the movement - there is no shame in long toes! Goddess Toes! They are lovely!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

excellent post!
Do you ever pinch people with your Goddess toes? My dad and sister are always trying to pinch me.

Anonymous said...

Well, all I can say is that the rest of the Internet is missing out if they don't have "Finding My Voice" on their RSS feeds list like I do, so I can be notified immediately of updates.:)

Goddess toes! What soul! What wit! And might Ip oint out that people who point out outher people's physical oddities are usual lacking in personality development...

And it is usual physical oddities that ensure us great personality development in the first place. Without those toes, would you have focused so much on your writing? Would you have developed that killer smile that dazzled George (thus distracting his gaze downward)?

I read a blog called "Granny Gets a Vibrator", by a 50'ish woman who has taken up weightlifting. Sometimes she writes about the weird Google hits she gets-- imagine the possibities...ew...

Kathy C said...

I too have Goddess toes. I just recently decided to bare them to the world and take the abuse. At 42, not much people take note anymore of my toes...or other areas of my body. I am invisible. (yes!)

KinnicChick said...

Love ya, Kath. Learn something new about a Diva every day.

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear a mature woman revel in the beauty and dexterity of her own long toes...there are many men out there who become riveted, even weak-kneed, when they see a pretty foot, toes spread wide, grap an object, or pick up a pen and write. I've heard tell of a woman who can tie shoelaces in this fashion. Are men less likely to have this aptitude?