Wednesday, January 10, 2007

And now for some good news

1. Mom has been moved from ICU to Intermediate Care. We met with the cardiologist and he believes a heart catheterization test is required to determine the exact state of her heart. He also believes a pacemaker will be required. The idea of both items freaked her out a bit, but once we explained everything and told her we believed it was the right thing to do to return her to health and living a normal life, she agreed. I was prepared for a fight but she is realizing that she can't allow fear to keep her from taking care of her health. The heart cath test is tomorrow.

2. My boss just informed me that I was selected to attend the next Space Shuttle launch in mid-March. My guest and I will get special tours, awards receptions, and one of the best views of the launch.

Seeing a launch has been a dream of mine for more than 20 years. I've been out to the launch pad once, and seen the vehicles close up twice, but never attended a launch.

I am so excited that they may need to put me on a heart monitor in the bed next to Mom!

Good news is a refreshing change of pace here. I have much to be thankful for.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is such good news, Kathy! I'm glad that your mother is improving.

Will you take George with you to the launch? I can't wait to hear all about it.

Kathy C said...

That is AWESOME Kathy! You must MUST take lots of pictures. The kind you can share, not the top secret kind.

KinnicChick said...

OMG, Kathy!!! Great news on both fronts. Excellent. :) I wanna go! I'll sneak in through your suitcase. heh.