Thursday, January 11, 2007

More good stuff

Mom's heart cath was successful and showed that there are no blockages and no permanent damage!

They will install the pacemaker tomorrow morning, and the cardiologist thinks that will correct the electrical problem that seems to have been what caused the heart attack.

She came through like a trooper. While they were wheeling her back to her room after the procedure, she raised her arm in victory and sang, "I am Woman, hear me roar!"

We are all very relieved.

Once she gets the pacemaker, she will be able to move to a regular hospital room and then possibly to the rehab unit.

Encouraging news is beautiful.

So beautiful that I only said "Fuck!" once when I opened my jury summons last night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathy that is wonderful news about your Mom's recovery. Just wonderful

What a reward for years of dedication to get an up close view of a launch. You deserve it.