Mom may be released from the hospital tomorrow.
She is having typical post-cardiac anxiety about exertion and doing too much. We have our work cut out for us.
Our house will be her home away from home for a little while. Tomorrow I have to navigate the insurance and home health care maze to get whatever support we need. George and I have both taken off work a lot over the past two weeks, and we're going to have to show up soon if we want to continue collecting paychecks. Which means we'll have to have help for Mom during the day.
I'm supposed to go up into Houston for a doctor's appointment tomorrow, to get the results from my pre-Christmas MRI. I was supposed to get them Jan. 3, but that was the day Mom was put into ICU. With all the caregiving, my back and leg have been very painful. I need to find out what I need to do to fix that problem before it gets any worse.
Anyway, I'm thrilled that Mom will be getting out of the hospital soon. Now we'll enter the next phase of her recuperation - I hope she continues to improve at the rate she's been going. She is one tough broad, whether she realizes it or not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment