Wow, I've certainly neglected my blog here! I've been playing on Facebook, and on Twitter to a lesser extent. But I do miss the journal-like outlet here. I suppose I could be using this space to write and publish profound thoughts on Important subjects - but that just wouldn't be my style, would it?
So, let's see....where was I? George and I had a wonderful, relaxing long weekend on the beach at Port Aransas (photos available on Facebook if you become my friend...hint hint).
Mom and I had words about her reluctance to schedule her scope tests. We resolved it, and she is scheduled for her tests on May 29th. George bet me $5 that something "happens" to prevent it, but I'm staying positive.
I'm still scheduled to attend the launch of the Space Shuttle (currently June 8th). Because his co-worker is starting chemo again that week, George may not be able to attend with me. I'm staying positive about that, too. I belive he will be able to fly in right before launch and experience it with me. He said he'd rather attend my award ceremony (earlier in the week). Isn't he a sweetheart? Or, after 23 years of marriage, he's learned the right thing to say. I need him at launch with me - because I am NOT TRYING to take pictures!! Everyone tells me, it happens so fast you can't get good pictures, and you get distracted from the whole launch experience trying to get a shot. Not me! I want to be immersed in the sensations and emotions.
Happily, I seem to be achieving somewhat of a balance in my life. On our beach vacation, I found I was capable of a lot more physical activity than I thought. I discovered strategies that help me walk longer and feel better. So I've been more physically active since we came home. That helps with the fibro symptoms and the depression, and little with the sleep difficulties.
Having a clean home on a consistent basis has encouraged me to accomplish decluttering in other areas, which also gives me a tremendous lift. And I am getting away from the laptop more often, substituting reading and cross stitch for surfing and playing games.
My work situation has been frustrating, but George's has been horrible. The fallout of the big reorg is even worse than he had feared. He thinks he made the wrong choice by staying with the company. But we are working together to counterbalance the negativity at work and strategize on our next steps. He is getting his resume together. I am talking with people to discover other opportunities within my current program. Just doing something, and not feeling completely helpless to influence circumstances, is such a positive thing.
So, I thought I'd give this update to prove that I don't post only when I have something to whine about!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Testing comments
Sounds like some really positive things are happening between dealing with your mom, the launch, the award and testing your physical limits. I'm sorry about George's job. I continue to admire your proactive attitude towards your careers.
Post a Comment