Guess what I'm doing this afternoon?
Giving Emma a bath - hopefully a sponge bath will be sufficient.
The grackles, mockingbirds, and kildees have been having loud territorial disputes around here today. Lots of chirping, squawking and other birdy sounds. Of course, the cats have been most interested in the proceedings, running from window to window to catch the action.
One of the most vociferous of the combatants took up residence at the top of our chimney this afternoon. I didn't think much of it, because I'm working in the office. But a little while ago I passed by the living room - and saw just the tip of Emma's tail twitching from the fireplace!
We have gas logs in our fireplace (what a convenience!). Emma had her back paws on top of the logs and her front paws up the flue - stretching to get a look at the birdie. She probably wanted more than a look, but I'm not going there.
I pulled her out and found that her immaculate white paws and pink toe pads were all covered in soot. Of course the phone rang and I had to respond to a mini-crisis at the office. Emma took the opportunity to skeedaddle.
I'm afraid to look in my bedroom, lest I discover black paw prints all over my new comforter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment