Wednesday, July 20, 2005

All's Quiet

--around here, anyway. My work worries have quieted down, amazingly so. Although I had to go in for meetings on Saturday and Sunday, my actual workload is waaay down. Thank goodness, because I am really paying for pushing myself so hard for the past few weeks.

The FM has decided to teach me a lesson. Lest I begin to think that this darn disease has lessened or gone into remission, it has flared and let me know who's boss again. I can't get enough sleep, my muscles are twitching and aching in weird ways, and my brain is fogged. I worked from home yesterday, sneaking in a two hour nap. This morning, I could not crawl out of bed. I left messages at work to say I wouldn't be in, and went back to bed until 11:45. Wow.

I think I need to take time to recharge my batteries and re-establish some discipline in my life. I might take the rest of the week off from work to do just that. I know at work they will understand, but sometimes I think George doesn't completely understand. Oh well - he'll just have to accept that I will have times like this.

The bitch about fibromyalgia is that outwardly, you look OK, but inwardly you are in pain and exhausted. I have this nagging feeling that others think I'm just being lazy. Invisible diseases suck.

I think I'll take another nap - maybe I'll cheer up after that.

No comments: