Monday, July 04, 2005

Don't you just love holiday weekends?

Isn't that always the way it works - something in your house that is a major component of living will wait until the holiday weekend to break?

Despite having to work some on Saturday, I managed to relax in the evening when George and I went out to dinner and came home to drink a pitcher of margaritas on the patio. I was feeling pretty good, when I walked into our bedroom and was hit with a wall of hot air.

Our air conditioner broke. Only those who live in the heat and humidity of the Gulf Coast can truly understand what a catastrophe this could be.

Thankfully, we have zoned air conditioning in our house, with two separate units. One unit serves the living areas of the house, and the other handles the bedrooms and bathrooms. The one for the bedrooms broke. We cannot get anyone to come out to fix it until Tuesday at the earliest.

So, we are camping out this weekend. Sleeping in the living room, on the matress George dragged in from the bedroom.

Fact: it is almost impossible to shower and dress in a non-air-conditioned bathroom near Houston in July. No matter how much you towel off or use your blow dryer, moistness instantly returns.

If the other a/c unit goes, we are moving into a hotel.

1 comment:

Kathy Howe said...

OMG...I think I'd pass right out without an AC in Texas.

Hope it gets fixed soon!