I used to be perky in the morning. I really was. I could jump out of bed with a smile on my face, get myself together and bounce out the door.
Twenty-plus years of marriage to a non-morning person has rubbed off on me.
I'm not a grouch in the morning, I'm just not totally coherent. I sometimes wake up, fully dressed, in my offce at the computer and have no recollection of how I got there. Coffee is usually involved in the regaining-consciousness moment.
I work from home on Tuesdays, and I enjoy my nice freshly brewed quality coffee very much.
Except this morning, I had to grind the beans and put the coffee together whilst only semi-conscious.
I knew something was wrong when the coffee I poured from the pot into my cup looked sheer as coffee-colored pantyhose. Maybe taupe, even.
I obviously miscalculated on the quantity of beans to grind. I usually use the pre-ground stuff for myself - G prefers the good stuff, so I make him do the putting together on the weekends.
There is no way to rescue too-weak coffee. I poured it down the drain and made a fresh pot, with plenty of extra beanage to prevent a recurrence of the translucent coffee fiasco.
I'm chewing a cup right now. Yum!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Strain it through your teeth, baby! (andthen smile, all daylong, you work from home hee hee)
I wake up very quickly and am able to function at pretty much full force right away-- except you do not want to sit next to me at a table with a magazine or newspaper because I will proceed to deconstruct media images and go on a soft rant about how ridiculous things are.
Like today. Two magazine inserts. One: some 50-ish Kennedy man, tanned, wrinkled, squinting off in the distance off his yacht, promoting his foundation to save the world for tomorrow's children. Two: Lancome wrinkle cream. 15 year old model looking vapidly out at us. Why the hell does she need wrinkle cream anyway??? Why not have a 50 year old woman on her yacht looking out at her world?
And then I looked inside Mr. Kennedy's brochure, and there were his wife and kids. Wife must be in her 40's and they have like 6 kids, but she looked so smooth and firm, like someone'd been testing out a new iron on her features.
AAAAAAGH!!!
Poor Sunaliza, sitting there eating her breakfast...
Why would a 15 year old need wrinkle cream? I'm 43 and I look fine. I look 43. Jeez Louise.
So that's me in the morning. :)
Post a Comment