Friday, April 11, 2008

Sign of the Times?

This morning, my mom went to her car, parked in our driveway, to go out and do some errands. She discovered that someone had siphoned all the gas from her tank sometime over the past 2 days. She doesn't need to drive her car every day.

Fortunately, George was off today and could take her to her appointment. He is also buying locking gas caps for all our vehicles.

As gas and diesel prices continue to rise, I think we will see more of this type of theft. I'm surprised that George's truck was not also siphoned - but the thieves must have noticed that it was a diesel. Not as much demand.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That's crazy. Does your mom's car not have the kind of gas tank flap that has to be opened from inside the car? Or is there an additional sort of lock that you're are getting too?

I live so close to work and everything else I need that I'm halfway thinking of getting a scooter.

Kathy C said...

Unreal Kathy. Things are a lot worse than even the skeptics are saying...

colleen said...

I'm guessing we'll be seeing more of this due to high prices. I'd check into getting a lock gas cap.