Thursday, April 24, 2008

Struggling

I'm struggling right now.

I have severe writer's block. For blogging, it's a minor annoyance. For work, it's a major issue. I keep procrastinating, which adds to my anxiety, which adds to my block. Push is coming to shove soon - I've got to break through or I'm going to be up that proverbial creek without a paddle.

Adding to my struggle is the fact that tomorrow is my friend Karen's last day in the office. She is moving to the Hill Country. She'll still be working for us part time as a telecommuter. But she is the best friend I've had, ever, in my work environment. I knew we were kindred spirits when our group went out to lunch, shortly after she joined our office, and we both ordered the same weird combination for lunch, unbeknownst to each other until it was served.

She had a 7-year-old daughter who is rightly the center of her life, so we never got to do all the fun stuff we had planned. Now I'm regretting that we didn't try harder to find that time.

So I'm anxious and melancholy. And this friggin' nerve pain in my hip and back is driving me up the wall.

TGIF tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is sad about the friend-- and the flare-up.

For writer's block you can try writing yourself an email. You can write about why you can't write, or write up really crappy rough draft that will give you a starting point.

Or you can write to me! I can coach you through it :))

Anonymous said...

I have so many writing books with other tips (other than Katie's idea) about overcoming blocks. I'd be happy to dig through some of them for ideas if you'd like me to!

Smooches, dear. I'm sorry about the flare up.

As for Karen's move, this gives YOU lovely permission to head to hill country for a visit. :) Lunch! You should just do it!