Today was my third aquatic therapy class (a warm-water program sponsored by the Arthritis Foundation). Boy, do I feel good! Despite gloomy weather and a fairly achy body this morning, I got myself together and went to the pool and had a good workout. Last week I was just wiped out afterward, but today I feel pretty good. I even found myself thinking about doing an exercise video when I get home tonight! That is probably too ambitious, but doing it tomorrow is a reasonable goal.
All my research says that people with fibromyalgia really benefit from routine wake-up/bedtime and from exercise. I've been trying to implement this for a few weeks, and today is the first day I feel like it is having an effect. Which I find amazing, since I'm usually feeling pretty stressed and lethargic at this time of the month.
If I could just overcome the sleep disturbance/insomnia and resulting fatigue, I think I could deal with the rest of the fibromyalgia symptoms. The routines and exercise are supposed to help, so I am looking forward to some improvement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yea!! That's great news Kathy!
Hi Kathy,
Thanks for posting a comment on my site. Nice to meet such a close neighbor in this internet world. Hope all is well in Friendswood. And yes, that was me this morning singing in the magical car that no one can see in to. Sigh.
Mark
http://clear-lake-reflections.com
Post a Comment