I am in the midst of an "I just don't care" kind of moment. Except it has lasted for 5 days now.
I have tasks I need to complete for work - not major deadlines, just stuff that has been hanging over my head for a while now. I just don't care enough to do it.
I have gifts to wrap and cards to address - they sit, unattended. I did address and stamp family cards that needed to be mailed. George took care of shipping those gifts, too. For anything else, I can't seem to summon the energy. For my dear friends that I would usually send a Christmas card to - I am writing each of you a letter in the New Year. Hopefully I'll receive some initiative from Santa as a Christmas present.
I am getting on a plane in four days. I have not even made a list of what I'm packing (usually, I start lists weeks before a trip). My house is a cluttered chaos that must be rendered cat-proof before we leave, and made at least presentable for my cat-sitter to see.
What is wrong with me?? I mean, I'm tired and I hurt, but no more so than normal. I can usually push myself to get over this lethargy, but it's not working right now.
I'm thinking of taking tomorrow as a vacation day - not to do anything specific except nap. The rest of the stuff will get done, or it won't.
At the moment, I just don't care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey there-- you've been through so much this year, and been so busy, and pushed through with so much fibro-fog, as you call it, maybe your body is just asking you to be SANE and take a breather! Maybe it's post-exam let-down syndrome...whatever it is, take care of yourself, sweet one. No need to rush on a holiday greeting to me, I am greeted right here :) You are in my thoughts. KatieK
Post a Comment