Sorry I've been hiding recently. I just got really busy with work, and home, and school, and.....Life, basically. One of these days, I'll start writing about profound insights or something, but right now I'm just busy living life.
This morning, I had a Biology lab practical exam, and the last lecture exam. Since I aced the lab practical (she graded the tests right away - there are only 12 students left in the class), I found out before I left that I am exempt from the comprehensive final, and I have an A for the course.
Whew! What a relief! This semester is the first time I've been doing academic science and math in a very long time, and I feel validated with getting an A. Chemistry may be different, because I have one more test and then I must take the comprehensive final. Whether I get an A or B, I'm still going to be encouraged.
I'm not really hung up on the grade thing - I just want to make sure I learn and understand as well as I can during these foundation courses, because the more advanced courses will build upon what I learn now. I am becoming more certain that I want to make a career change, so I want to do well in this coursework for that reason too.
Tonight my Mom is taking George and me out for dinner, in honor of our birthdays. George's birthday is tomorrow - yes, I am his old lady. I am eight days older than him, and he's never let me forget it. When I turned 18 and he was still 17, he teased me a lot about "jailbait" and "corrupting the morals of a minor." Of course, any moral-corrupting that was going on was him corrupting me, but that's another story.
Have a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations! I had a feelings you were going to steamroll right over that class! :0)
And happy birthday to you and that pup of yours!
Post a Comment