I think Breakfast was sending me a message this morning.
First, I dropped an open, almost-full box of Kashi Go Lean crunch cereal on the floor, dumping crumbs all over. Emma thought the larger pieces made great hockey pucks.
I swept up the mess, poured some of the cereal from the box into my bowl, and doused it with milk. I set the spoon in the bowl and turned around to put the milk in the fridge - and dumped the bowl all over me and the kitchen floor. Adding milk into the mess this time meant clean-up was a bit more difficult.
Once I changed into a non-milky outfit, I decided to forego breakfast at home and head to work. We have a snack bar on the first floor, and I can always get an English muffin or bagel and some juice.
When I arrived, I found Happy Holiday wishes from the snack bar staff posted - along with the information that they will be closed until January 3rd.
OK, my last resort is: Pop Tarts from the vending machine.
Both vending machines are devoid of Pop Tarts. And anything else remotely related to breakfast.
I seriously considered returning to my bed and pulling the covers over my head until noon, but that option really wasn't possible today.
Instead, I've decided to increase my caffeine intake for the rest of the morning and consume mass quantities of food at lunch, just to make up for my breakfast-less morning.
Oh, yeah, I'm crabby when I'm hungry too. The coffee will exacerbate that quality. I figure, if I have to suffer, everyone around me should suffer too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awww, c'mon Trudi, I grew up eating Pop Tarts and Cap'n Crunch cereal for breakfast! And now I'm a healthy, fit, well-adjusted.....umm, never mind.
I did find a stale Odwalla energy bar in my desk that gave me some energy through the morning. Thanks for looking out for me!
Post a Comment