Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Through the Fog

For a change, I'm talking about real, weather fog, not the fibro fog that clouds my mind sometimes. We have pea soup here today! We had cold weather (for us) over the weekend, and today the fog is hanging low. Perfect for getting back to work after a long weekend, but not for trying to work from home when bed and kitties are calling temptingly for nap-time.

This morning I had a massage - the first since my surgery, and boy I needed it. My muscles were so grateful for the release. I'm having another one in a week, just to keep myself unclenched and feeling well. This is part of my self-care strategy.

After posting all my ponderings yesterday, I felt better. Sometimes things bounce around in my brain, driving me to distraction until I get them out. And KathyC's comment about me preparing for a life beyond my current job was straight-on bulls-eye what I needed to be reminded of. It's why I am going to school again. Although I started back to school in order to be eligible for a promotion in my current arena, I really have found that I want to go into a new field. I grow surer of it weekly. It's time to accept it and go about making this a true new goal for myself, researching to get all the information I need.

All endings are new beginnings, in one way or another. I'm saying goodbye to my previous expectations of where I'd be going in my career - and that is a choice I am making based on my current priorities. My health figures into that decision, but so do lots of other things.

I'm feeling pretty good about the whole thing now.

I just wish I could eat a pepperoni pizza to celebrate! Ha!

2 comments:

Autumn said...

I got a massage today too!! omg do I need them more regularly.

Kathy C said...

I love a good massage... there is nothing like it.