Friday, May 26, 2006

Hold Me....I'm Scared

Can I survive for an entire long weekend without Internet connection and cable TV?

My darling husband just called me here at work (shhh - don't tell anybody I'm posting from work, OK?) He is off today and decided to get a jump on the weekend yard work. Somehow he accidentally sliced the cable, the Sacred Lifeline which provides all our news, entertainment, and recreation, and a lot of our communication.

Repairs cannot be scheduled until next THURSDAY. I'm shaking from withdrawal symptoms already.

This totally screws up my ability to work from home on Tuesday as well.

I'm taking suggestions for suitable punishments and penance for him to atone for this heinous crime. Feel free to comment - the more humiliating, the better! But do it before 4 p.m. today, because I won't be able to read the comments until I get to a coffee house sometime tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sends you right back to the Ice Age doesn't it...what did we used to do...oh...my...God...that is a pretty funny yard accident. I'm sure that's a self-punishing event :)

KinnicChick said...

Um. No. No you cannot. You cannot survive without updates from me. You haven't sent me a weird thing about me yet. So there. Head to your nearest Dunn Bros tomorrow morning and check in. And that's an order. ;) Smooches. I'll miss you. Everybody always disappears for the weekend. 'cept lonely me. *sighs... walks away, head down sounding suspiciously like Marvin the robot from Hitchhikers Guide...* (you've been wondering where he's been hanging out lately, haven't you?)