If I were Queen of the Universe, I would make a decree: no more exercise videos can be produced and sold if the star of the video can't find the beat of the music.
I am appalled at how many exercise videos I have purchased over the years that have made it through production with the perky, bouncy leader totally incapable of grooving to the rhythm. For pete's sake, they could adjust the music to match the footsteps, I would think.
Nothing irritates me more - especially if I've managed to get myself motivated to exercise. Then I have to just close my eyes, do the moves to the beat and try not to break my neck as I exercise blindly. I'm not the most coordinated person in the world, but I can hear the downbeat.
I think they should have my old piano and band teacher sitting on the sidelines, smacking her hands to keep the tempo. A wimpy metronome wasn't sufficient - she was known to smack the hands of a hapless, rhythmically-challenged student so they could feel the beat and keep a tempo.
Sister Rose Imelda could teach these exercise bimbos a thing or two.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Huh. You and I are buying our videos in totally different places. I've never bought one with that problem, Kath! Kel and I had a good laugh over the latest workout videos being launched at McDonalds, though! Woohoo, Supersize me and toss in one of those exercise videos, please... And how about an M&M McFlurry for dessert?
Post a Comment