I am happy to report that my recent blood work shows that my triglycerides are really good now, so I can stop another prescription med I've been on - yay me!
At my physical last week, my doctor determined that my blood pressure has been so good on the lowest dose of BP meds, and this time was even low. So I was able to toss those pills down the toilet too!
Since I started on Lyrica over the summer, I have also been able to give up daily doses of muscle relaxant and pain med. I can take them on bad days, but those days have been few and far between (knock on wood).
I was able to give up Prevacid after my gall bladder was removed and I found out my problems were not really acid reflux but gall stones. Cutting way back on my coffee consumption helped with the acid too.
I am thrilled with these developments. I absolutely hated taking all those meds, but they really were helping me function and allowing my body to heal in some ways. It gives me encouragement that some of the changes I've made are making a difference. I keep losing and regaining the same 4 pounds, but I am feeling confident that I can overcome that hurdle too, if I just keep on keeping on.
To me, this means I am managing my health and my health isn't managing me. For a few years now, I've been concerned about this very issue, so I'm feeling really encouraged and empowered. Woohoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment