That gloomy, rainy Monday I mentioned in the post below? It turned out to be 11 friggin' inches of rain so far in my little town south of Houston. And it's raining again.
It took me an hour and 20 minutes to drive home from work this afternoon (usually takes 20 minutes). I had to try 3 different ways to get into my subdivision before I found one that wasn't flooded. We are surrounded by creeks which almost never flood (except for tropical storms and such).
Some people know how to drive in bad weather - others are just idiots.
Some are just tragically unlucky. I heard that 2 women drowned in an SUV in Houston today.
I told George to stay at work until some of the water had a chance to recede. He has to travel a much further distance than me. Hopefully, the conditions will be better when he comes home. Of course, he has a 1-ton Ford F-350 big-ass pickup truck that can plow through most high water. It's just getting around the stalled-out cars in the intersections that becomes a problem.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment