Monday, December 11, 2006

Ho, ho, ho

I spent most of the weekend studying for my Physics final tonight. Apparently my brain purged all the stuff I learned at the start of the semester, to make room for the recent work. Even George was impressed with my studiousness and persistence.

Of course, in between Physics problems, I was keeping an eye on the launch activities. I usually don't have to support the actual launch, but I'm on call in case they need me. I was so thrilled to see the successful launch on Saturday night.

So thrilled, in fact, that I finally opened the box in which our new Christmas tree was shipped. We used to have a very tall artificial tree, but I haven't put one up since my Dad passed away. The first year, it was too difficult, and last year we traveled.

I am going for a minimalist holiday this year - just doing what we want to do, not what is "expected." Since it's just me and George and my mom, we can be selective. In keeping with the minimalist theme, I decided that I really do enjoy decorating a tree, but the large tree is just too much for me anymore. So I ordered a 4-1/2 foot prelit tree, which was delivered a few weeks ago.

With my work and school pressures, I couldn't even think about Christmas decorating. I'm thrilled I managed to finish my shopping (extended family/people at work - minimal). So the Christmas tree box sat unopened near the front door.

After launch Saturday, I was so happy that I unpacked the tree, put it together, and ensured all the lights illuminated properly! George moved some tables around and put the tree into position, and we put the star on the top. It looks lovely. I also hung the wreath on the front door.

George is trying to convince me that simplicity is elegant, and that the white lights and star on the tree are sufficient.

I'm not buying that line, but the rest of the decorating will have to wait until after my final exam tonight.

Gosh, I'll be glad when this semester is over!

No comments: