Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A Meme

Hi, I'm back! I wasn't planning on blogging until after the holidays, but Katie tagged me on a book meme, so I cannot resist.

1. Take the nearest book and go to page 123.
2. Go to the fifth sentence of the page.
3. Copy down the next three sentences and tag three people.

From Eat, Pray, Love - One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India, and Indonesia by Elizabeth Gilbert:

"'Our whole business therefore in this life,' wrote Saint Augustine, rather Yogically, 'is to resture to health the eye of the heart whereby God may be seen.'

Like all great philosophical ideas, this one is simple to understand but virtually impossible to imbibe. OK -- so we are all one, and divinity abides within us all equally -- no problem."


I really hate to start it there and end it there, because it doesn't do justice to the book. I recommend it - I've read it once and am going back for another thoughtful reading.

Tagging others with this meme is a challenge. There are very few readers who actually comment on my blog on a regular basis (although I know you are reading out there in California, Missouri, Florida, the UK, and Australia), and most of those have already been tagged! So, I'll mention a few names here, and anyone who would like to chime in on the comments, please do!!

In fact, just drop a line to say, "Hi!" or "You suck" or "I'm just passing through." I'm so curious about the folks who stop by (especially in reading the search strings that bring them here) but even more so about the undiscovered friends who come back to read my mental scribblings. I'd love to know who you are and read your blog, if you have one. You don't have to have a Blogger account to leave a comment - I allow anonymous commenters.

So, I tag
KathyC, Elizabeth, and whoever else wants to join in!

No comments: