Friday, October 29, 2004

Looking forward to a rainy weekend

They say that we have a rainy weekend on tap - I'm glad! I'm looking forward to curling up with my honey and the kitten and some light reading. Somehow, when it is sunny weather I feel compelled to run-run-run getting things done - or feel guilty for NOT run-run-running to get things done. A rainy weekend seems like Nature's permission to slow down and relax.

I need to find some light reading - all my book selections lately have to do with fibromyalgia, coping, and increasing energy. I need something escapist - maybe a mystery. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have received your rain. I hate it when they promise and then it doesn't come. Blue skies put my nerves on edge. I have been reading classic science fiction novels. If I could remember the title of even one of them, I would recommend it!! Anyway, I wish you the best this weekend. How has your diagnosis changed the way you perceive your past? When did the symptoms begin? I have had to recast the last 30 years since my own diagnosis-- it's been a most interesting process.

KathyK said...

The weatherman was wrong, once again. Blazing sunshine, a hot wind, and it is still in the upper 80s/low 90s. Tahoe really got me ready for a weather change and it is just not happening in Houston. At least we didn't run around today - we had a nice lunch and went to a park on Galveston Bay, watching the sail boats and sea gulls. Peaceful. Katie, you've given me something to journal about - thanks for asking about my diagnosis. I'm still coming to terms with a lot of stuff.