Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Where did that vacation glow go?

Wow, only 2 days back at work and my vacation feels like it was months ago. That sucks.

I can't put my finger on any one thing that frustrated me at work - it's just the whole thing together. Not only do people not communicate - they seem to purposely obscure their meanings for their own purposes. I'm so fed up with the silly game-playing.

I even sent an e-mail to my 2 Big Bosses (that is, my boss's bosses) to tell them I think they are making a wrong decision. I would have talked with them in person, but it is impossible to catch them between meetings any more. The issue is nothing vital, but they pay me for my expertise and when I think they are going down the wrong path it is my responsibility to voice my opinion. We'll see if it gets any response - I'm not optimistic.

I'm wondering if I should take a leave of absence before I just pop my cork. I have an appointment with my therapist tomorrow (the first in several months) so I'm going to talk through this whole issue to see what my options are.

Hopefully, I'm just tired and achy and hormonal, and a good night's sleep will improve my attitude.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, obviously you need to take another vacation and come to Istanbul. Our guest room is now functional, even comfortable, and you are welcome to it!

KathyK said...

Ooooh, I'd love to come to Istanbul! What's the weather like at this time of year? I can't to do the conversion from C to F or I could tell from your Weather Pixie! I want to go shopping for tea glasses when I come, OK?