Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Jammie Day

No, I'm not playing hooky from work - I'm really sick. A sinus infection hit me out of the blue last night, complete with fever, chills, and a bad sore throat. This morning, I got up at 7, notified work that I wouldn't be in and what meetings I needed cover for, and went back to bed until 11:45. Wow.

I still feel rotten enough to skip my chemistry class tonight. I really need to be at work tomorrow if at all possible. I have a big meeting, as I do most Thursdays. But I won't inflict my misery on others if I am spewing forth germs - I'm considerate like that.

Being such a conscientious worker, I had planned to work from home this afternoon. Unfortunately, they are having network problems and I cannot access e-mail or any of my files. Awwwww....I'm so disappointed.

Guess I'll just curl up with sleepy kitties and drink a hot cup of tea instead.

Tomorrow is our 21st wedding anniversary. George is on his solo vacation - fishing in the Laguna Madre in South Texas, and I'll be here wiping my sore nose and listening to blowhards in a meeting. Wooohooo! Do we know how to celebrate, or what?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh nooooooooo! Well, have a sneeze on me. But not literally, as I have my own cold...happy anniversary. I'm at my desk at home today, editing, sneezing, drinking tea. Sinan and I rarely spend anniversaries together and seem none the worse for it-- an anyway, you have kitty love...