Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Gratitude

Today, I am remembering how blessed I am. I have the most wonderful husband in the world - of course he's not perfect, but he's perfect for me! I have caring, supportive friends who encourage me when I'm down and give me cyber-hugs whenever needed. I have a job that challenges me, pays me well, and allows me to adjust my work schedule to accommodate my physical condition. I feel like I make a contribution to something worthwhile, and that is a great feeling.

Reminding myself of these things makes the little aggravations and annoyances fade into the background. Sometimes it's too easy for me to get wrapped up in negativity - I think that is a common thing for people who have chronic pain and also battle depression. But I'm grateful that I can stop and think about all the wonderful things in my life and feel a little better.

Oh, I also have two kitty-babies who love me. The youngest one, Emma, is at the vet right now - I'll pick her up in a few hours. It was time for her to be spayed. With the female problems I've been having lately, I was almost envious of her!

Emma is such an active kitty that I don't think this surgery will faze her. Her "sister," Gracie, was hanging over the back of a rattan chair, right on her incision, the day after her surgery and she came through just fine. I'll bet Emma will recover quickly too. I just can't wait to hug her. Gracie and I have missed her around the house today.

Update on Emma: She is fine and resting comfortably at home in her favorite bean bag bed. Her shaved belly looks funny, but she is perfectly healthy says Dr. Helen. She was just going into heat, so we timed it just right. Gracie is just relieved that she wasn't the one who had to go to the vet. She has learned to avoid the pet carrier at all costs. Can't wait till we take her for a checkup in January.

1 comment:

Kathy C said...

I love this gratitude post Kath. My father suffers from chronic pain, depression and a whole lot of other health issues, so it's good to hear your experiences and thanksgivings so I can gleam an idea of what he is going through - both good and bad.
Thank you.