Thursday, January 05, 2006

About the pics....

Yes, that is me and my hubby George in the pics below. For a comparison on what 21 years of blissful marriage and gourmet cooking (not mine!) can do to people, check this out. I'm so bad at blogging, I can't figure out how to link to a specific day's post, so just scroll down to October 13's entry.

Just so you know - the photos below were taken by one of those strolling photographers in a Vegas restaurant. You know, the ones with the short outfits and too much makeup, who are too old to be cocktail waitresses but can still operate a camera. I would never do that cutesy pose unless ordered to - but it does sort of hide the multiple chins....

George hates to get his picture taken. The only formal ones he has consented to since our wedding have been these, and a similar set taken on our 10th wedding anniversary. Since he was a captive subject again, I figured I'd better take the opportunity presented. Don't know when I'll get another chance.

I thought I'd better add a little explanation since I may have some new visitors. The amazing KathyHowe linked to me today - I feel honored.

I wish I had something clever to say today, but I'm still nursing the Cold from Hell that I contracted on the plane home from Vegas. I felt so bad yesterday I came home from work at 10 a.m. and slept from 10:30 to 1:45. I even called and made a work-in appointment with my doctor for today *gasp*.

My honey brought home wonton soup and spicy chinese food last night. This is a tradition in our house. If the pot of homemade chicken soup doesn't work (we tried it on Sunday), then we resort to the "burn the viruses out of your system with spicy Chinese food" strategy. What can I say - it worked. I canceled my doctor appointment but I'm still resting at home. No sense in giving this crud to anyone else.

I plan to nap with my cats shortly. That always makes me feel better.

No comments: