Friday, January 06, 2006

And all progress grinds to a screeching halt...

This damn cold won't go away, so I'm home sick/trying to work from home via e-mail.

Guess what? They are migrating us to a new e-mail system at work. Supposedly they tested the hell out of the thing before they began to deploy it and had all the bugs worked out. Seamless transfer, they said.

They started by migrating all the people who have Blackberries/Crackberries (i.e., the top level managers and those who aspire to be). I am proud to say that I am not one of them.

Yesterday's discovery? People on the old e-mail system can't exchange e-mails with users on the new system. Which means anything I sent to the bosses (or they sent me) since yesterday is lost in the ether! Hahahahaha!

I can just log off work and play/nap/drink hot tea for the rest of the day and they won't know the difference!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm working via email this weekend, editing a dissertation. Life would be simpler for me if there were no email and everything had to be hand delivered...sigh...ENJOY!!!