Thursday, January 05, 2006

A Sign of Maturity...or Just Feeling Bad?

I hate it when I mess up at work. I usually beat myself up pretty good about it.

Well, I just found out that I didn't dig a little deeper on a problem I discovered before the holidays. I thought I caught the problem and instructed the person on how to take care of it. Turns out, there was another part to it.

As a result, something didn't get done that should have been done today. In the grand scheme of things, it's not a huge problem, but it shouldn't have happened.

My reaction? I sent e-mails to the affected parties apologizing for the mistake. That's it. I'll take care of it when I get back to the office (probably Monday).

Either I am getting better at putting things in perspective, or this cold has my ass dragging so much that I just can't get worked up about it.

No comments: