Some months ago, I think I posted here about my younger cat, Emma, having feline acne. She is almost 2.5 years old, so I think she is past the kitten equivalent of adolescence.
You'll be glad to know that this dermatological heartbreak has been healed, and no Clearasil or Pro-Activ was involved.
Today, my vet informed me that Emma has gingivitis.
Since I cannot persuade her to gargle with Listerine, I must now swab her mouth twice a day with Kitty Oral Hygiene Solution. We are supposed to apply "between teeth and gums, top and bottom" (oh, yeah) this lovely bright-red solution that smells like fermented candy canes.
Emma is a dainty black and white, skinny cat - but surprisingly strong. By the time tonight's procedure was done, we were both covered in red liquid. I wasn't sure if it was her blood, my blood, the kitty mouthwash, or some combination thereof.
Can't I just give her a pill and be done with it???
Gracie, who is one year older and weighs twice as much, has her vet appointment next Friday afternoon. I can't wait.
The only thing that could top having to brush a cat's teeth would be giving a cat a daily suppository. And I just don't wanna go there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment