Emotionally, I'm doing better.
Physically, I feel like I have a bad toothache, except it's my whole body. My fingers and hands don't want to bend and work - I've dropped a bunch of things today. Typing seems to stretch and lubricate the muscles and joints, so I'm trying to keep moving.
We're having a huge storm system move through our area. Damaging weather seems to have skipped us - so far.
Emotions are high today around here. Memorial service for the gentleman who was killed by the gunman on Friday. Somehow it seems appropriate to have dark skies and rain for funerals and memorial services.
Mom goes to the doctor next week. We are going to have her cat-sit at our house when we go away for a long weekend. I'm hoping she decides to just stay with us. She needs the interaction, and I need the peace of mind that she's OK.
It is so weird to suddenly become a parent at age 45 - to a 71 year old lady.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I see this coming for us all. You are just ahead of the curve, :). When my mother was here, it seemed she had aged much more than expected, a sudden leap ahead. I don't know if it was her retiring and closing her architecture firm and a change in self-image, or her marriage to this mediocre guy, or watching her 95 year old mother die last Fall, or what...but she wasn't her usual "I'm queen of the universe and don't you forget it" (though still insisting she was its center, if you can get the difference)...it was...weird...Anyway...I can understand you wanting your mother close by to keep an eye on her, especially with your recent worries about her cognitive changes. Will she swim?
Post a Comment