I love my friend Katie K's terminology for the day her cleaning lady comes: Redemption Day!
This afternoon, my new cleaning service comes to do a detailed cleaning - blinds, windows and sills, baseboards, ceiling fans - plus the normal cleaning stuff. I am so excited I almost couldn't sleep last night!
While I did not "clean before the cleaning people come," I must admit that I did a lot of de-cluttering. I took a hard look at the level surfaces in my home and said, Why is all this stuff here? Do I use it often/every day? Then why is it out here on the counter/floor/table? I threw out a lot of stuff that had been around so long I didn't notice it any more; put away stuff that did not need to be out; and temporarily moved stuff so it would be easier for the folks to clean.
Some people would say, What's up with that? Isn't that something everyone does on a regular basis? Well, no. In some areas of my life I am very organized; in others, not so much. And especially over the past few years, my limited time and energy has been spent elsewhere (Dad, Mom, work) and my home has suffered.
My dear dear husband was raised right and does more than his fair share of the cooking, laundry, grocery shopping, and everyday cleaning of the kitchen and bathrooms when they need it. He has also taken over the vacuuming and mopping since I developed back problems. I thank God for George very day of my life.
All of this means that the house doesn't get cleaned much until it is quite obviously needed, or we have company coming.
I am so psyched that tonight I will have a sparkling home environment and we are not expecting visitors, and I didn't have to hurt myself to do it!!
OMG - I've gotta get a life. How many boring posts can I write about housecleaning, or lack thereof??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Well I don't think this is boring at all. I can't wait to hear how beautiful and sparkly your home is!
If I had a clean house, I'd post about it too! This morning I did manage to finally scrub the toilet....while I was blow drying my hair. Talk about multi-tasking!
Au contraire, my dear!! What is more exciting than a clean, sparkly house!!! This is something that everyone can relate to! Seriously!! Plus, we love you and we like to read about things that make you happy, and reading about men who do house work is...well...mmmmmmm....
I agree with Keri, Liz and Katie, reading about a clean house is not boring at all! I can't wait to hear how you are enjoying it.
I paid Nicole to spring clean our house and it was divine! She got money to go shopping and I got a sparkling clean house.
Post a Comment