It's not quite a Christmas miracle, but it's pretty amazing anyway. We have a White Christmas, here in Friendswood, just south of Houston, Texas. Maybe only 2 inches, but enough to make everything sparkle. It's strangely beautiful to see palm trees and rose blooms coated with snow.
Our camera crapped out (probably because it's not used to cold temps), but we captured a few pictures of the glistening landscape on George's Palm. We don't have the right cradle at home to download, so I'll have to wait for him to go back to work to post some pictures.
My friends up north must think it silly to make such a big deal about a little dusting of snow, but for some reason it has really lifted my spirits. I was feeling like everything was a drudgery and nothing ever changes, and here we get snow - on Christmas Eve! It renewed my wonder and hope that unexpected things - good things - happen.
I found my joy again.
Merry, merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment