My boss approved my telework plan - and told me he would support anything I need to do to take care of myself. Maybe he's not such a bad guy after all. He also encouraged me to take time over the holidays to rest up, even though I don't have enough vacation/sick leave left to take off officially on very many days. This place basically closes up for 2 weeks over the holidays - not officially, but so many people take vacation that it seems like a ghost town. We need to have a skeleton crew available to handle any mission processing items that come up - the folks at KSC will be working through the holidays to get the vehicle ready to fly next year.
I just have to get a note from my doctor (next week) and then paperwork signed by my program manager and the director of human resources. Gotta love a bureaucracy. I plan to start working from home one day a week (maybe increase to 2 days) in January.
I'm feeling better already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awesome! that's great, Kath. Very happy for you... Keith's entire outlook changed during the year or so he was working a few longer days and some hours from home and had more days home than he was actually at the office per week. It was so great. Just think, if you increase to two days a week, you'll be home four out of seven and that's the majority of your time! :) Oh happy day!!!
Yeah Kathy! That's such great news. I'm glad it's working out for you.
Post a Comment