Because I think I did! This science stuff is challenging me to use brain cells that have been dormant for a looooooong time. For example, I remember scientific notation (10 to the nth power). But, how to multiply and divide using it? Not so much. Fortunately, the chem professor gave us a good review and lots of practice problems. I got a 95 on my chem lab exam and I'm a bit p.o'd that I missed one question. I'm sure it's one question where I debated if it was a trick question or not. Have I told you how much I hate multiple choice tests?
I had my first Biology class on Saturday (8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.) and I really enjoyed it. The scary thing is, the teacher and I both graduated high school in 1979. Again, I'm the second oldest student in the class. There was even a girl who is still in high school - she is doing her junior and senior year of HS in one year, while taking a few college courses. I just wanted to shake her and say, "What's your hurry?!?!"Yikes!
The nice thing is, the teacher loves her job. You can tell the difference, and what a difference it makes. She seems to have high expectations, and I like that challenge. Of course, we have our first exam next week already, so I may be adjusting my opinion afterwards.
Today has been a very lazy day around this household. Lots of curling up and napping amongst George, Gracie, Emma and me - a lovely way to spend a day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Testing 123
Can you sprain your brain?
Huh? I'm a blonde.
This is a trick question, right?
Post a Comment