Here I sit on my vacation in Austin. Hurricane Rita is heading straight for my home and evacuation is mandatory.
George is driving my mother here to Austin as we speak, then he must return to Houston to ride out the storm at his plant.
There are no hotel rooms to be had in the entire state of Texas. Hopefully the spa will get some cancellations due to weather and we'll be able to stay here. Otherwise we will be going to a shelter in somewhere in Austin.
I have befriended a lady named Brenda whose home in New Orleans is still under water. She is just staying here until she can figure out what to do with her life. She is helping me keep perspective.
Keep us all in your prayers, please.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
No way! Unbelievable! I'm so glad your mom can be with you, but that is amazing George has to go back! What about the kitties?
Kathy, in case you haven't checked in with the Diva site, you, your mom, George and the kitties are so very welcomed to stay with us for as long as you need.
414.587.4619. Please consider it over a Red Cross shelter in Austin. PLEASE!
Plus besides that you can come to my place after being at Beanies for awhile. Seriously! Kathyc
Here's a third house in Wisconsin that you could stay darlin'! We all would love to have you up here! You know that... Smooches. I'm so sorry that George has to go back. :(
Post a Comment