Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Post Traumatic Stress

I think I am experiencing a little post traumatic stress.

I do fine during a crisis, pushing down all the fear and other emotions. It's days later that I get flaky.

I'm flaky now, and I'm starting to hurt, and I can't just stay at home and rest because we are still short-handed at work. Plus, my Nervous Nellie boss is back in the office today and he's hovering over me. It won't be long before I tell him to back off and let me take care of business.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you do that? I would be timid. I think you are a strong woman tho, and able to tell a boss to back off when needed. You're my hero, you know.

KC

KathyK said...

Aw, Kathy, you are sweet! I would attempt to be diplomatic, but if he pushed me too far on the wrong day, I would say, "John, I have it under control. I'll let you know when I need help." And probably in a nasty tone of voice. I have had to go apologize once or twice for being short, but he understands that he micromanages when he's nervous. Some of his "charm school" training has paid off.

KinnicChick said...

I'd be the timid one, too. :(

Hope you let him know. Hugs sweetie. Sorry it is all catching up with you. It would me, too. I'd be migraining big time, I bet.

KinnicChick said...

oh! I tagged you for a meme...

Anonymous said...

I would tell him to get a friggin' life...and then I'd have to go pick up my pink slip. And call Louie and tell him I flipped off another man manager. And he would sigh and say, "Jane, it's okay. Come home and get a hug." And then I'd get another job, work for yet ANOTHER man and go through the same thing.

I like working for myself. My clients are all women and they ROCK! Women are strong, secure in their decisions -- my gawd, they can actually MAKE decisions -- and things keep moving along in great harmony.

Women rock.

Here's to you, strong woman!