Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Take Me Out To The Ball Game...

Last night was NASA night at the Houston Astros, so George and I had a little date night - dinner at our fave Vietnamese restaurant and baseball. We had a good time but I brought home a few unexpected souvenirs.

Namely: Contusions, scrapes and bruises of the right knee; a giant knot and lacerations above my right eye, and best of all: a fractured metacarpal on the outside part of my right hand, requiring a soft cast and wrap from fingertips to elbow!

I didn't get hit by a foul ball - I tripped over broken concrete in the dark parking lot after the game. Trip, hit knee hard, put out hand to break fall, momentum causes hand to buckle and right temple to smash onto ground and embed the hinge of glasses above right eye brow. Fun times.

God bless Vicodin.

And typing one-handed is a bitch. Took me 30 minutes to type this post.

And - the Astros lost to the Cubbies! Bummer.

4 comments:

KinnicChick said...

PICTURES!!! I want pictures of KathyK in her cast and on Vicodin! :)

Sorry to hear, sweetie. Smooches. Umm, Enjoy the drugs? ;)

Are you going to get to meet the fabulous KathyHowe when she ventures to Houston next month (or October or whenever it is...)

Elizabeth said...

Damn, that sucks! Get well soon!

Kathy C said...

OUCHHH!

Hope the viodin continues to brighten your day.

Kathy Howe said...

YIKES! Next time take a flash light or STEP HIGH!