George and I decided to take 3 days off from work and escape into the Piney Woods of East Texas.
We left Wednesday and drove 400 or so miles northeast to Jefferson Texas.
Thursday, we drove 400 miles or so straight back to the Houston area.
Mom is in the hospital. She suddenly developed a hole in her skin, directly over her pacemaker. It has some kind of weird infection.
We don't know exactly what's going on, but she is in the hospital until at least Monday. They might need to replace her pacemaker.
Needless to say, she is totally freaked out (and rightly so).
I worship the makes of Ativan. It makes Mom's life, and mine, a little easier right now.
So, we have another storm to weather. I have no doubt that it will turn out to be OK.
With much experience comes acceptance and the ability to look beyond the current circumstances with hope.
Plus - we know all the shortcuts and which nurses stations have the best coffee in this hospital!
If you can spare some good thoughts, please send a few to my mom Irene. Me, I've got plenty of my own good thoughts right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Clarification - Mom is taking the Ativan, not both of us. But it does improve stress levels in both of us!
Kathy, somehow I missed the tweet on this. I'm so sorry to hear this. BIG hugs and smooches. Love to all and big hugs.
Kathy, I am so sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with you all and for your Mom's speedy recovery.
Post a Comment