Our local chamber of commerce put out a directory of services recently. When I was looking through it this weekend, I found an alternative health care clinic that I've heard good things about has opened an office in our town.
They have a website and I'm really intrigued by what they offer: Chiropractic, nutritional counseling, traditional Chinese herbal medicine, acupuncture for pain relief and weight loss, and massage therapy.
I've sent them an inquiry via their website about what kind of care they offer for fibromyalgia symptoms. I'd really like to find some ways to deal with the pain, and especially the fatigue and sleep disturbances I have - other than meds. I'm concerned that meds I'm taking to alleviate some symptoms might be aggravating other symptoms. I'm also going to explore the possibility of acupuncture for weight loss.
I'm still doing Weight Watchers on line, more or less. After putting on all the weight I lost at first (plus a few additional), I'm steadily working my way back down. I lost 1 pound this past week, bringing me back down to 7 pounds lower than my first weigh-in for WW. I'm thinking that I might need to make time to attend a meeting or two.
Anyway, I'm starting to feel positive again and I like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
For some reason I can ping until the cows come home and I'm not showing that I've updated. Anyway, I've updated and have requested that you do my latest book meme. So git yerself on over yonder and have a peek, Miss Positive! ;)
I think it is definitely worth checking out, in the "nothing ventured, nothing gained" way of thinking. I'm having success with my acupuncture guy-- whether it is the needles or just a placebo effect, I don't know-- but I do know I can't get that placebo effect without the needles, so I go!
Post a Comment