I think I'm beginning to crawl out of the emotional morass I've been wallowing in lately.
I have the desire to clean and organize my home.
That is a major indicator for me. When I'm feeling helpless and overwhelmed, I do the bare minimum to keep our home from being a health hazard. I don't go to the grocery store, so we've been living on whatever I could find in the freezer, or takeout.
I'm starting to feel empowered once again. I communicated with a fellow fibro-mite on a support board this week, and she was able to lose weight and improve her symptoms by following through with a walking program. It had to be done in baby steps, but now she walks 4 miles, 3 times a week, and tries to get a walk in every day because her pain is worse on days she doesn't walk. Finally, I found a shred of hope that I can be an active person and take some control over my well-being.
Beautiful spring weather today has also brightened my outlook. Of course, rain is coming this weekend. And I have to work on Saturday afternoon. Oh, well -- I'll take a few hours off some day next week when the weather is nice, and go to the park to walk.
When I get down in this pit of depression or whatever it is, I get stuck in a sea of bitterness. I see what I perceive as injustice, and dwell on it and chew on it until it starts to choke me. Yesterday, I caught myself in that kind of stinking thinking, and was able to say, "This isn't helping anything. You may not be able to do anything about the situation, but you don't have to make yourself miserable over it."
It's good to have a little positive perspective finally.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Here comes that Keri again with more books to suggest! LOL...
I have a couple of books, Kathy :)
The first one is by the editors of Walking magazine and it is a nice gentle, ease-into-it walking program... it's called The 90-Day Fitness Walking program. It's just a really slow starting program, and it may feel too slow, but the point is to build the habit and do it forever. I can't send you this one because it was a gift from me to Keith, and it's a write-in book anyway - you wouldn't want it.
The other one of them may feel too hokey to consider, but I love the whole idea and concept behind it, so take a look at it on Amazon and see what you think before you make any judgements about it... it's called Breathwalk: Breathing your way to a revitalized body, mind and spirit... It combines breathing and walking in specific ways for specific benefits.
A couple of thoughts I had while reading your post. Glad - no - Thrilled to see you are on the way back again. Love to you, dear friend.
I'm glad you are on your way "up". I usually start organizing my books-- that's how I know.
I need to walk , too. Nothing dramatic, just movement.
Thanks, ladies! Keri, I have a 12-week walking program similar to what you describe. I got it from the Arthritis Foundation (www.arthritis.org), which has been a wonderful source of information for me. FM is often grouped with rheumatoid arthritis and other conditions due to similar symptoms. I think I've seen that Breathwalk book at our local library, I'll check it out.
Post a Comment