Thursday, January 20, 2005

Friends

I am blessed with some wonderful, caring friends. Many of them I've only seen in person once, but we have shared so much. I love my Diva friends. They know how to laugh with me and lift me up when I'm down. I love you ladies.

I'm not having a good day today. You know how I mentioned yesterday that I tend to ignore pain until it forces me to recognize it? I guess my body saw those words as a challenge and stopped me in my tracks today. Pretty bad flare day, plus the UTI I've been taking antibiotics for since Monday has started giving me hell. Trying to pull myself together before George gets home from work.

I've noticed that one of my 3-D friends is pulling away from me, now that I have FM. I think it's because I have always been the one to listen to her problem and make suggestions, and now my energy is taken up more with my own problems. I try to be supportive to her, but I'm noticing that she rarely asks how I'm doing and hasn't wanted to know much about my condition. Maybe our friendship wasn't as close as I thought it was. Oh well...

Makes me appreciate those who are sticking with me and encouraging me, all the more!

2 comments:

Kathy C said...

Often times it is the worst of times when we find our best of friends. Sad but true.

I hope you are better this evening.

KinnicChick said...

A difficult time you are having, my friend. I'm so sorry. Drink, drink, drink! Water with lemon... cranberry juice if you can stomach it.... perhaps some cranberry pills (I think I have a few extra bottles in my pantry - can I send you a couple if this is the case?). I'm desperately looking for an e-mail from my MIL in which she sent me a helpful "remedy" for UTI that I've never had to try, but that I will pass along. I know that everyone trys to send helpful things when you mention anything like this, and you cannot possibly try them all, but knowledge is power, correct?

Hugs my darling. Perhaps you are better already and this would be the best. I'll e-mail you when/if I find it. I'm going to e-mail her straightaway and have her send it if she can find it before me.