All I can say is - I love it! I rolled out of bed at 7, performed my morning ablutions, jumped into some comfy clothes, ate a bowl of cereal and logged into work on my computer at 7:30 a.m. I was very disciplined and kept a log of my work. I even successfully installed the software I need to get all the network accesses I'm supposed to have. I probably surfed the net less at home that I usually do at work!
Unfortunately, my boss scheduled a meeting at 2:30 today. They offered to let me tie in via phone, but it was the kind of group meeting that I felt I should attend. It couldn't be rescheduled because Boss leaves on travel tomorrow. So, I went in for about 2 hours. I refused to dress up for work though. Polo shirt, jeans and sneakers.
Katie, I love the blinkie idea about telecommuters doing it on-line! My computer was my main communication tool today and it was great. Very efficient. The quiet was deafening but lovely - I could concentrate and come up with some pertinent comments on a colleague's presentation for the first time in months. I think this telecommuting arrangement is really going to help me. I feel more optimistic and productive than I have in a long time.
On another topic, I completed my second day on Weight Watchers. It's going very well, and I don't feel very hungry. Tomorrow, Day 3, is usually my "killer hunger" day when I start a diet/eating plan. I'm prepared with lots of filling snacks.
Specs for a doll based on me, Katie, hmmm.......Dark hair and glasses, as you can see in my photo. Eyes are crappy medium brown with a tint of olive. Always wished they were a very dark brown/black to match my hair. Usual attire: black pants, black Clark's of England clogs, a jewel-tone shirt of some sort. Props: mug of coffee, notebook computer, a gray cat, books, books, books. I can't think of anything else - use your imagination!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment