I did my second week weigh-in for Weight Watchers this morning - down one pound. In my head, I'm glad I lost a pound instead of gaining, but in my heart I'm wondering why it isn't more. I've made some pretty big changes in my eating habits - maybe my body is not adjusted to them yet. Still, when I read and hear about people losing 5 & 6 pounds in the first week, I must admit that I'm envious since I've only lost 3 pounds over 2 weeks. Maybe my medications slow things down as well. I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon - I'll have to ask about that.
My mom is finally getting ready to go through my Dad's things. This is really a big step for her. Although I offered to do it myself, or to be with her while she does it, she needs to do it herself, in her own time. This weekend she said that it's 9 months since he died, it's time to do it. His business clothes are going to a program that trains homeless people for jobs - they desperately need tall-size clothes for these guys to go on job interviews. We think Dad would like the idea of his clothes being used in this way.
We're going to do something else with his golf shirts. He was a big golfer, and even worked part-time at a golf course after his retirement. We're going to save the logos from all his golf shirts and make a collage of sorts. I'm not sure how we're going to do it, but we'll figure it out. Combined with some pictures of him golfing with his buddies, I think it will be a nice remembrance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's difficult when you put so much effort into losing weight and the scale doesn't agree. Keep your chin up and keep with it. My first week I lost 3 lbs, second week I lost .8 lbs, third 3. So mine goes up and down.
I like the idea of making a collage of sorts as a keepsake of your dad's golf shirts.
Post a Comment