Earlier this week I changed my blog template to one that depicts a lighthouse. I've been thinking about lighthouse as a metaphor for a while now, since my friend Katie mentioned them. I had been lamenting the Fibro Fog (cognitive difficulties associated with fibromyalgia) that I have been experiencing. Katie suggested that the doll she is making for me could be pictured by a lighthouse, to help me find my way through the fog.
I love this metaphor. I do want to find my way through the fog. And I also want to help others find their way. I want to be a lighthouse of sorts myself, someday. If anyone happens to read my blog and perhaps is helped a little by me sharing my struggles with FM and depression, I would be honored and thrilled.
I was so glad for this work week to end. I was physically tired because I began my aquatic therapy class again after a hiatus. Thursday's long all-day meeting at work was extremely stressful and draining, and I spent all day Friday following up and trying to interpret what had happened on Thursday. Last night I felt like a damp rag, all used up. I slept in today and plan to take it easy. Fortunately this is a 3 day weekend for me (MLK Jr. Holiday on Monday).
I hope all those folks in the frigid North of the US are keeping warm and staying inside. We are having cool weather here (for us). It would feel like summertime to those up in North Dakota and Wisconsin, I'd bet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The light house certainly seems appropriate!
Tuesday they say it may warm up here, can't wait. You know it's cold when 5 degrees feels warm to the skin.
I like that metaphor, Kathy... Can't wait to see your doll! I bet it would feel like summer to me down there. Send a little of it bottled right on up here, would you? I'm covered in gooseflesh right now...
Post a Comment