Thursday, January 06, 2005

Sunny on the Inside

The weather is gray and chilly here today, but I'm feeling sunny on the inside. The virus passed and I made it to work this morning, despite my fibromyalgia flaring. I'm thinking that having a fever and/or laying around brings on a flare for me. I've observed it twice so far. Of course, weather changes contribute as well. I was very stiff and achy this morning but dragged myself to work where my improved attitude was evident. I was actually patient, gracious and kind on the phone with 2 of my least favorite people to deal with. These individuals are extremely irritating but well-meaning, and my lack of patience has caused me to avoid them. Today, I dealt with them and didn't lose my cool. I think that being away from the office (and people) for one day a week will help me be less impatient and irritable when I am there in person.

I'm psyched because I can switch to a late afternoon warm water aquatic therapy class on Mondays and Wednesdays starting next week. I was in the 8 a.m. class but it was too much for me to get myself together that early and attend class, shower, dress, and report to work for my all-day meetings. I used to be a morning person, but the FM has really changed that. Now I just have to learn to adapt, and schedule things for my "prime" time.

No comments: